Highlights of the law:
- Applies to CAM, Home Inspection and Real Estate Professionals
- Includes military on active duty who hold professional licenses; military spouse and veterans of the armed services.
- For Active Duty, the member is exempt from all license renewal requirements for the duration of active duty and for a period of six months after discharge.
- For Veterans, the Department has waived the initial licensing fee, the initial application fee and the initial unlicensed activity fee for military veterans who apply for a state license within 24 months after an honorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces.
- The VA will reimburse eligible applicants for the cost of licensing and certification examinations, not to exceed $2,000 per test. These licensing and certification exams must be generally deemed necessary to pursue a trade or profession.
- F.S. Ch 205.171 allows disabled vets to claim a $50 discount toward their state license fee.
- The spouse of an active duty member of the United State Armed Forces may be issued a temporary license to the practice a profession in Florida. The applicant’s spouse must be on active duty and assigned to a duty station in Florida. The applicant must hold a valid license for the profession in another state, the District of Columbia, any United State territory or possession, or a foreign jurisdiction. The license is valid for six months.